write

write

Monday, April 15, 2013

My Li'l Bird

Fly away li'l bird, fly away
wings clipped with ailment strong
caged in the bars of false hope
and unseen miracles.

Fly away li'l bird, do fly away
choose your sky
of painless freedom.
Glide in glee
flap in jubilation
get a real life.

Alas! today my li'l bird
has left her cage.
Where she flies,
I know not.

I seek her in the narrow lanes
of the streets she walked.
I listen to soft melodies
songs she connected to.
I caste fleeting glances
in the vast blue sky.

But my li'l bird
now flows with the forceful current
of swollen summer rivers
charred and burnt.

Come back li'l bird
pray come back.
Come back to sing me songs
come back to give me life
for one more time.

(I wrote this in stanzas while tending to my sick mom and ultimately bidding her farewell in the summer rainy river, found this in my phone. Missed her a lot today so I put it here).

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put.... Loved the lines....May the soul of your mother rest in peace... I hope she might have already got a better rebirth by now.

    ReplyDelete