Without opening my eyes,I continue listening to their conversation. Angie replies, "Yea sii, even my friends. Some are going to Australia. Some are going to Singapore!" I hear her moan with regret, almost!
For an instance, I am raided by the urge to pop open my eyes and explain why can't we go for vacation to these places but I choose to play 'I'm sleeping' for some time, just to know where the conversation heads to.
"Owww, Mama and Papa can think of Samtse and Gelephu only for our break, right Angie??" The little one seeks support of disapproval of our family getaway destination. I feel sorry for these little girls who are in a race with their peers. I don't know how to tackle the case so I continue to pretend until I actually fall asleep.
It's been a month since their winter break started and I've brought them to Gelephu. Atleast we have escaped the cold winter of Thimphu. The following are some of the activities we have been carrying out this winter:
Ninda walking in the woods with my father.
Wanted to give Ninda an Elephant ride but my aunty says, "we don't ride on Memey Sangay." So this fake Elephant is all he got to ride on in Manas.
Reading, Reading and more Reading. We have finished the pile we brought from home. Have ordered some more books, Their papa is sending it this weekend. :)
I bought them Drawing books, paints and brushes. This is my Samdrup's favorite piece.
We never run out of ideas. Memey was making us roti for dinner, Angie asked a lump of dough and this is what she created. Ain't it beautiful?
Angie has discovered her green thumbs. Growing garlic, tomato and I don't know what else in her garden.
Can Angie getaway with something without Samdrup asking for it? Nah! So, Ta-dah! Samdrup has her own garden.
His sisters have it and he doesn't, that isn't fair! So, the little guy too gets his own tiny garden. Mind you, this little guy is so protective about his garden, he doesn't even allow birds to land on his garden. "Nana ko garden," he says beaming with happiness.
Their favorite activity. Laptop games and watching movies.
Well,there are many other things the four of us have been upto this winter. Gelephu is not Bangkok but we are happy to have eachother. But yes, these guys miss their Papa a lot. :(









No comments:
Post a Comment