Science teaches us how every little thing that happens in the Universe has its own causes; its own reasons; and its very own results. Nothing happens without no reasons and this statement holds true if it is something that happens to my daughter.Yes, My four year old daughter whose bickering fills my ears from the early sunrise till the time she surrenders herself to the angel of sleep.
Recently, while on a trip, she puked so much that I felt very sorry for the state she was in. But as soon as she finished throwing up, in her usual perky tone, she would jab me from the backside seat and ask," Mama, can I tell you why I'm throwing up so much?"
Anything to make her feel better! So, I ask her," Why?"
"because while rinsing my mouth after brushing my teeth, the germs that came out of my teeth went into my tummy when I swallowed a little bit of water." she gives me a sheepish smile. In stating her theory, she unknowingly confessed about swallowing the tap water. I always scream at her to throw out the tap water while she plays with it, moving it all over, inside her tiny little mouth.
After that smile she continues," so you see, now the germs apa, germs ama and germs baby are all inside my tummy and they are making me puke so much." Much as I'm angered by her tap water swallowing part, it is overshadowed by that cute theory of the germs family in her tummy and I laugh. She laughs too. (At least momentarily she forgets her puking).
Yet another time, I was calling out for her to pick up her toys, which lays sprawled out all over the house. She loves cooking imaginary dishes for us and all of us in the house do entertain her by pretending to eat and actually relish her dishes. But seeing the toys on the floor makes me super mad sometimes! So I was yelling out for her to clean up, which actually turned on deaf ears.
After I had finished cleaning up all alone, she comes out of the room, having finished her Chota Bheem show and lovingly coos near my ears," Mama, I'm so sorry I didn't do good listening today. Can I tell why I didn't listen?"
"Why?" I ask not even ready to hear her answers for I'm still fuming in rage.
"Today Azhim didn't clean our house properly. So, these tiny dusts have entered my brain and it stopped me from listening to you."
I cast her a dirty look. Not bothered in anyway by my looks, she continues," Our brain controls everything we do, right mama?" she asks solemnly.I don't answer her, this girl has the knack to pass on her faults to everything but herself. But she pesters me with, "right? mamaaaa???? right?"
Finally I give in and answer,"RIGHT!"
"See, the dirt are inside my brain and controlling my body." and she says it with such conviction that even Einstein, if he had been sitting next to us, would have given it a second thought.Bah!
So, you see, my four year old daughter gets away, every time, with such explanation.
Best of all is when I kiss her and ask her," Why is your kissey so sweet?"
She pauses for some time, as if thinking very hard to find her reasons and then in her cute voice says,"My kissey is sweet because I always eat a lot of chocolates. That's why!"
Awww! She is just so cute!
So cute. You are a family story teller. You best know how to capture the moment- no matter how obvious- in a special frame. I feel you family through your writings.
ReplyDeleteLove her theories...
My kids are all I've got to showcase as something worthy in my life n my life is worth living only owing to them so I can't help but make them the center of my existence.
DeleteThanks Passu. :)