write

write

Friday, July 11, 2014

I can Write

Don't let the title mislead you! This 'I' has nothing to do with me. This 'I' are the kids I met with, this summer break. READBHUTAN had been kind enough to give me the opportunity to work with children of grade 5-12. Working with them on SUMMER WRITING PROGRAM has brought tremendous shower of blessings in my heart.

I have always believed that there are stories in every heart and the writer who is going to write these stories aren't anywhere far, it is right there dwelling in our heart, right beside our stories. Working with these kids, nudging them to bring out the writers hiding inside them, I truly felt what my heart knew was right. Always!

Reading their stories and seeing it come alive, This particular thought came in my mind and I heard the silent screams from their little hearts saying this:

I can write
Of prince and princesses
In a faraway land
Jostling with life
And eventually living happily ever after.

I can write
Of broken families
And lovelorn lasses.
Of sporty kiddos
And humanly animals.

I can write
Of life’s journey
And the stops in between.
Of living and breathing
And the destination
Of death and beyond.

Yes, I sure can write!

2 comments: